Black & White Argyle

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Things I should blog about (another list ...)

Those who know me know I am a people-watcher. I'm an observer. Good friends know that we can be in the middle of conversing and lunching while I'm gathering tons of information about the people around us. All of that happens while carefully listening to every word my friends are saying. Today, I happened to be at a very busy place for lunch. It's Spring Break around these parts, so a lot of kids are out of school and parents are away from work. There was a plethora of information gathering going on at lunch today! So. much. to. observe!

On my return walk to work, I thought, "There are literally hundreds of things I could blog about simply from what I saw while at lunch today." That thought was quickly followed by, "Oh! I should blog about this and this and that and this." It occurred to me that there's not enough time in the world to blog about everything I'd like to blog about, so the idea came that I should make a list (I love lists!) of things I could blog about. That way, if/when I ever have writer's block and need a topic there will be an entire list waiting for me. Smart idea, no? Meh, I'm doing it anyway.

Things I'd like to blog about:

  • Prejudices (EVERY PERSON in the human race is prejudice)
  • Children (and sometimes their lack of parental supervision)
  • RECIPES!!! (because I'm a pretty good cook and sometimes make up my own stuff)
  • Feelings of inadequacy (we all have 'em)
  • Word usage (their/they're/there, your/you're - incorrect usage kills me! *update - done!)
  • More word usage (I drank, but I have drunk - seriously, lots of people don't get it)
  • Things that annoy me (this is actually one I almost posted this week because I was annoyed about something, which doesn't take much)
  • Grandma and Grandpa Koyle
  • Grandma and Grandpa Miller
  • Broken bones and stitches (*update - done!)
  • Summers as a kid
  • Big wheels and diarrhea (believe me - this one is a must read) (*update - done!)
  • Dog bites
  • A homemade green dress and the jealousy that ensued (*update - done!)
  • I can't make Jell-O (but boy, can I cook/bake!)
  • Living in Mexico
  • Places I've visited (spoiler: least favorite place was Paris, France)
  • Places I want to go (this would have to be another list complete with the reasons why I want to go to those places) (*update - done!)
  • Music
  • The 24th of July
  • Why I suddenly had a hate-hate relationship with winter after loving it forever
  • Friends (in all their varieties)
  • Anything sentimental (because I'm a sap)
  • Christmas memories and Christmas stories (maybe I'll even share some I've written?)
  • Funny things from elementary school
  • A fly in my Mexican food (*update - done!)
  • Dad's rain stick (or is it Mom's rain stick?)
  • I'm a dreamer
  • Favorite movies
  • The guy who calls me Jackie (*update - done!)
  • Grounded from recess by Miss Jordan
  • Cousin (and principal) Beckstrom's sneezes
  • Childhood friends
  • Ice caves and igloos
  • Golfing up a sidewalk hill
  • Trampoline bouncing (and some involvement of power lines)
  • Crushes
  • Patriarchal blessing (I don't know that I'll ever write this one; it's a little personal)
  • Learning to sew (and realizing I kind of enjoy it)
  • What I'd do if I won the lottery
  • The dog that followed me to school (*update - done!)
  • Why technology is great and why it's ruining us as a society
  • Most memorable birthdays
  • Dad's death
  • Margarine
  • Choking on bacon (*update - done!)
  • Weight can be genetic (I don't care what anyone else says/thinks about that issue)
  • Reading The Book of Mormon in Spanish (yes, I actually did it)
  • The Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, long hair, and ... gum
  • Girl's camp (this one will bring back nightmares for me) (*update - done!)
  • Why I'm a realist, not a pessimist (Mom's probably laughing at that one)
  • Rationalizations (about anything and probably everything)
  • Things that speak to my heart/soul
  • Being an introvert
  • Mowing the lawn and *shudder* snakes
  • Keeping the peace
  • Family BBQs and volleyball (we're hip like that)


I'm sure there will be more to add at some point, but these will be a good starting point if I ever need a topic to write about. It's funny to me that one lunch hour could produce so much thought. Think what I could come up with if I had more sleep and didn't have a full-time job! I'd take the interwebs by storm with all the stuff I could write/talk about. As long as I don't have to actually talk to people about it. (See: "being an introvert" above.) It's probably a good thing the only people that read my blog are family. Except sometimes they don't even "get" me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie! You do have so much to share. So does everyone else!
    My suggestion: try to take about 30 minutes each day to write and share your thoughts and then post it.
    And, may I ask? How can we merge your stuff with Miller’s Postings? You mention some thoughts about both grandparents, and dad and so forth. Things like that would be good to put in one place and not in different place. Just a thought!
    Another one is the recipes – I would like to get a recipe page going on the blog. I would like to do family spotlights. I would like to do Miller’s Postings like a newspaper on just the family. And so much more!
    Oh, and mom sent me a poem you had written and your thoughts on Grandpa Koyle! I have posted them. Thanks for letting me do that.
    I can’t wait to read more of your stories. It sounds so exciting! DJM

    ReplyDelete