Black & White Argyle

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Can't Help Myself

Does anyone else have certain candies that they can't stop eating once they've started? I wish I could say I did not have that problem, but I do. And these are a couple of my problems. 

First, there are these: 




My most favorite location to eat these is at the movie theater. After I've eaten a decent share of popcorn (with all the salt and butter, of course), I grab for these. Dang if they don't hit the exact spot for cravings at that point. In reality, I can eat these any time, any day, and in huge amounts. Maybe there's an addictive property in them or something. I don't know. I will say that when I introduced Mom to them, she was a little hesitant at first to try them. She thought the sour part would be too much. And then? She tried them - and she was hooked! She's as bad as, if not worse, than I am when it comes to these things. We can't help ourselves! They're impossible to stop eating. 

In second place are these: 



I don't know what it is about Hot Tamales, but no matter how on fire my mouth is or how many I've eaten, I can't stop until they're gone. What makes these doubly bad is that the pharmacy across the street from where I work has little baggies of them for $.75 a pop. It's a cheap treat, and I tend to fill up on multiple bags whenever I'm there. The problem is that sometimes I can't stop at one small bag. For someone trying to cut back on sweets and keep their calories in check, this is not a good thing. 

For some people, their "addiction" lies in chocolate. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy a good piece of chocolate now and then. But when I'm reaching for a sweet, no matter where I am, I tend to lean toward the chewier stuff. It lasts longer than chocolate, which melts right away and is gone before you can really savor and enjoy it. Chewy candies tend to stick around for a bit longer, maybe making me more satisfied. Or craving more? 

One other "candy" that takes the cake are Jordan almonds. Mom and I rationalize that they're not really a candy since the center is actually an almond. Protein! That means it's healthy! Haha, not really, but still a good rationale for ODing on Jordan almonds. I think on more than one occasion, Mom has actually eaten Jordan almonds as a meal. It wouldn't be difficult to do! If only they weren't so darn expensive. Maybe that's also why I stick with the others more often. They're more affordable to eat in large quantities. 

1 comment:

  1. Blah - those candies are nasty. Well, okay - I like Hot Tamales but those stuff are of the devil; highly addictive to most people. I for one will prefer chocolate any day and time.

    ReplyDelete